Thursday, March 5, 2015

Movement

I've always known that you need to get student's up and moving around to get the energy flowing back and recess is not always coming fast enough for it to happen.  I recently went to a workshop that is called SMART and they really focus on movement, the brain and activities that incorporate learning along with learning.  They had us up and moving and normally I'm one of those teachers that are like ya right you aren't getting me to do this, but it was so much fun that when I came back I ordered the different CD's that I loved.  The one advice the presenter's said was make sure to practice before you have your students do it.  Well, knowing my special education student's I wanted to learn right along with them and let them know it's okay to make mistakes.  We sure had fun learning together.  Then they got the bright idea to do the Cha Cha slide too and honestly I didn't care as long as they were getting up and moving around before we switched to another area of learning.  Here are some video's to show you what we are doing.  I do still have some student's that are quite shy about doing it.  I also showed the other special education teacher in my room that was helping.  Hope you enjoy!





Happy Learning!!

Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment