Thursday, March 26, 2015

Positional Words


I'm always looking for different activities for my younger students.  We have a wide range of disabilities in our classroom.  I have found when I give directions to my student's they don't always understand what it means to put the object under the table, or beside it, etc. I found this positional words book on teacherspayteachers and my little boy with down syndrome loves it!!!  It's really nice, because the first few pages are not as long so you can see all the objects that they are requesting you to place on each page.  You do take them off as you go, because you use them on different pages. The speech teacher always comes and borrow's the book too.


Front of the book.  You can kind of tell how the pages on the left are shorter then the back page.

An example of what the book looks like inside.

This is the last page.  It is a full page that includes the velcro pieces.


Happy learning!!!!
Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment