Thursday, March 19, 2015

Candy Land: Parts of Speech

Hey everyone!!!!

I hope this finds you with a smile on your face and like our school we are in fourth quarter already.  I talked about Jen Stamm and her AWESOME material's she has over at teacherspayteachers. If you haven't checked her out...you really should.  She has even made things for me.  Well...I popped over to her page again one day and found out she made...drum roll please...CANDY LAND GAMES!!!!!  That was my all time favorite game to play when I was little.  So, of course I bought all of them.  I even asked her if she could do an alphabet one for my students who are in preschool and kindergarten.  As soon as I finish printing them out and getting the materials together I will continue to post more.  Here is one of them I have completed with my students.

With this...I divided the student's up into groups and made sure that the different learning ability levels were mixed in.  

They had to work as a team to come up with the answer, instead of just one person providing the answer all the time.



Cards are just like the original candy land cards, except they have words on them.



Just bought an Candy Land game from Walmart for $5.  Now days they don't have ones with the cards.  They just have a spinner, board, and the pieces in it.



Well...I highly recommend her.  I cannot speak enough about her work.  


Happy Learning!!!
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment