Monday, March 23, 2015

Four in a Row Addition and Subtraction

My son love's to play games at home and believe it or not he likes to play educational games.  I think it's more, because he think's it's the coolest when he can beat his mom!!!  This game is a spin off to me of connect four, except with a different name and concept.  Of course...you can guess that I got it off of teacherspayteachers!

How this game is played, is you have once dice and two different markers.  We just used pennies and nickels to cover our spaces.  You have to roll the dice, and then whatever number is on that dice you find a problem in that row and solve it.  Once you solve it you cover that space.  The object of the game is to get four in a row along either vertical, horizontal, or diagonal with making sure you block your opponent too!

Here are some pictures of my son and I playing.


There are different levels with the addition and subtraction boards.  





I wish the picture of him winning wouldn't have turned out blurry!  It was so cute how excited he was to beat me!  Believe me, I don't try to lose either!  He get's being competitive from his mom!!


Happy Learning!!!
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment