Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hundreds and Thousands Place Value Folder

I came across this idea for a Hundred Thousands all the way down to the ones place value on Pinterest. I went to the lady's blog and followed her directions. It was pretty easy to follow. The blog that I got all the directions off of was: Thinking Outside the School Box.

Here is how you make it..

Step 1: Take a file folder and fold the bottom up about 3 inches.

Step 2: Cut along the crease up to the fold

Step 3: Cut two more times on the left and 2 more times on the right.

Step 4: Label each flap

Step 5: Hold down three alternating flaps and tape them down with clear packaging tape. Then, tape the three flaps that are left. You will have 6 pockets.

Step 6: Take long note cards and put 0-9 on the top in Red and on the bottom put 0 on all with Black. I made two sets just because if I wanted to have a number show up more than once I was able to complete this.

Step 7: In order to hold my cards, I placed a report card folder on the back and taped it on. I put the cards in for storage. To keep the flap closed I used velcro.

 

Front Side
 

Inside

 

Back of the file folder

 

Here is what it looks like with the numbers in the pockets. You can also see the extra cards that I made at the top of the folder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment