Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Building Sentences

The past week, I've been working on writing skills with my students. I sometimes find it hard to think of ways to teach students ways of writing sentences. I did some research online and found sentences that were CVC words and working with blends. For each CVC, it started with short a and went through short I words. For each set, I cut out different shapes just so I could keep them separated. To me, the best way to learn how to write a sentence is being able to put together words that are being presented to you. This way, the student can see what a complete complete sentence looks like.

 

I first gave the students a set of words mixed up. Then they were instructed to construct the sentence. I gave them clues as to the beginning of the sentence starts with a Capitol and ends with a punctuation mark.

 

Working hard.

 

 

This is what the completed sentence looks like.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment