Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Name Recognition

Sometimes it can be hard for a child to understand what their name is or even how to recognize their own name. With this activity, it starts out with a piece of construction paper with the letters of their name glued at the top. I then laminate that for sturdiness. Then I make letters to match the letters in their name. I Velcro a spot below the letters of their name and I also put Velcro on the card they are matching it too.
Once this process is complete, I have them identify their name, say it and than match their letters to their letters that are glued down. When this process is going on, I have them say the letters of their name.

Once they feel more comfortable with their name, I put Velcro on the back of the construction paper with no example and just Velcro dots to spell their name on their own.
Hope this gives you an idea to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment