Monday, September 9, 2013

Board Books

When I'm working with students who are trying to get used to books and pictures, I first start out with this book. I found these books on Carl's Corner. She also has lots of other free books plus CDs you can buy.  I would highly recommend her!


Here is the book what it looks like when you first open it.

Another page



At the beginning when I'm first starting out with a book, I will pull off the pictures and then read the story to the child. Once they are more familiar with the process I will have them take all the pictures out than read the story and find the picture that matches. This is where the Boardmaker program comes in handy.

With all of these books, I cut them out and laminate them. Once they are cut out, I will bind them together to make a book. Using the Boardmaker program I find the pictures and print them out. I also have them laminated. Everything I print out I used card stock paper. This way it makes sure the books will last.
I have found that these books work wonders with my Autistic students, Down Syndrome and some of my nonverbal students.

No comments:

Post a Comment