Thursday, September 26, 2013

Motivational Video: Autistic Boy Scores a Touchdown

This video almost had me in tears. Every time I look at my kids I'm so happy to see them grow and cross any challenges that are presented to them.  Unlike my own kids they don't have the disabilities.  This is why I teach special education.  Every student that walks in my room is like my own child.  I give them a home away from home.  Make sure they know that I care and love them like my own children.  For most students that are in my room, I give them hugs everyday, because they may not get that everyday or I pat them on the back and say great job.  I acknowledge them when they come in the room and we make a big deal out of it.  This is why I enjoy my job so much!  I would never give this up for anything.  So without further do....here is the video that I came across.

This video is about: Ryan Ostrowski (#1), who has Autism and Cerebal Palsy, fulfills his dream of playing football and scoring a touchdown. His brother's team, the Macomb Mustangs, added him as an honorary player and set up a play for him against the NE Detroit Shamrocks. Michael (#24) leads his brother into the end zone, and both teams demonstrate what sportsmanship is really about....It was a priceless and unforgettable moment! undefeated to the Maryland State Championship game with their special team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment