Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Go Fish

Like I've said before I think I live on teacherspayteachers. This is the most wonderful thing they could have ever come up with. I've been working with a girl that can teach me how to make my own materials. This might save me some money too!

I remember growing up and loving to play Go Fish. Well, I came across this game just like when I found Old Maid. It was the same concept as the original game, but it was using sight words.

The Go Fish game started with pre-primar and went up from there to 3rd grade I believe. I didn't want to print them in color, because it would use a lot of ink. So, I printed them out in black and white then made copies of them using different colored paper so I knew which levels were what. My students love playing the game! It's really wonderful to help the students work on sight words along with those students who just need to bre refreshed.

 

Each student get's five cards and the rest go in the middle all mixed up. When they are given the cards the go through and see how many matches they can make first.

 

Happy Learning!

Shannon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment