Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fine Motor--Nuts and Bolts

I have come across that kids can have different types of motor skills that they need to work on. This activity makings working on the pincer grasp really good. This requires your two fingers to work the nuts and bolts together. I set it up so the kids have to determine which sizes go together and then having to use the pincer grasp.

For the nuts and bolts, I went and asked our janitor at school for different size bolts. He was so willing to help me that he gave me quite a few. Have I mentioned how helpful and funny he is?!?!?!?! If you don't have the. Around your school the local hardware store will work too.

 

Here are some pictures of what it looks like and a student working on the activity.

 

Havin to determine which nut and bolt foes together.

 

 

Happy Learning

Shannon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment